Monday 10 May 2010

WFRP: Requests for translation

I have over the years received quite a few requests for translation of the iAltdorf map into other languages. French is the most requested language, and I have been in contact with some chaps who had a plan to do the translation, but I lost their e-mails.

So I'm posting this to make a general call out to anyone who wants to translate the iAltdorf map into their own native language. Drop me an e-mail, and I'll send you the files.

What you need is basically Illustrator CS3 or later, or a vector based illustration tool that is compatible with the Illustrator CS3 file format. And a freaking lot of time on your hands ...

Don't underestimate the endeavour, it's a lot of tedious work. Using Find and Replace will get you a long way, but then you will have to manually adjust every single name plaque in there. And there's a lot of them, maybe as many as a thousand ... since all locations are repeated twice.

If you want to give it a shot, you're welcome. Drop me an e-mail, and I'll make the files available to you.

/Magnus

No comments:

Post a Comment