Thursday 12 July 2007

WFRP: Here be dragons

Preview of iAltdorf

This is a preview of what I've been up to lately; my own map of Altdorf. The final map will be a PDF map, with layers so that you can turn some features on and off; names, streets, buildings, sewers and districts.

I've been using the map from The Enemy Within (published 1986 by Games Workshop) as my base, and the general layout of the city matches that map. Also, MadAlfred et al's stunning work on the Imperial Capital has been referenced. Read up on Altdorf here!

Finally, as you will see when the map is released in a year or two - just kidding, I'm hoping to release a first version end of August - I've added my own street names and places as well. But as I work on the map I'm reminded of the passage in Spires of Altdorf claiming the capital can never be mapped. Only now do I realise the truth in that.

I would also like help in adding to this map or just correcting it, so if you feel like beta testing it, please drop by in the comments!

Magnus

3 comments:

  1. Any plans to include a map of the Altdorf sewer system in your Altdorf PDF, in a similar manner to SOB ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Yes, I will be adding a sewer "level" or "layer" to the map. It will show the main sewer lines, as well as the main sewer entries.

    The map is coming along nicely, and I should have a beta version ready soon!

    /M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Magnus,

    You work on Altdorf is simply beautiful.

    I represent here the comunity of the French fan website "La gazette de nuln" (http://warhammer2.tharaud.net/index.php ).

    As part of our fan projets, we translate valuable gaming aids and scenarios. For example we translated the first and second issues of Liber Fanatica, and we almost finished the translation of the third and of Madalfred's "Empire at War". To make a long story short, we think that your interactive map of Altdorf and the associated articles about this city might be extremely interesting tools for French GMs. My question is simple: would you be OK to let us translate this material?
    PLease contact me to "nymiris at hotmail dot fr" for discussing it.

    In any case, thank you for your amazing work.

    Nym

    ReplyDelete